|Participants at the Kasese District Conference 2014, held at the Kasese district Multi-purpose hall, on 11th June, 2014|
The Declarations at the Conference:
We the participants in the Kasese district conference held in Kasese District at Multi-purpose hall on 11th June 2014 confirm and by consensus agree that the facts and information presented during the conference reflect the development needs of Kasese district among others;
Conscious of the need to develop human resource, protect the environment and Natural resources, improve our economic potential, quality of education and food security at household level which directly related and influence each another, appreciating the need to act to improve the quality of education, utilize the potentials and endowments that exist and can facilitate change to see the Kasese we want by 2025, here by commit ourselves and resolve that;
- Fighting household poverty and improving the quality of education becomes a priority for everyone and all development partners in Kasese District;
- The sub county leadership with support from the district should organize decentralized conferences at sub county levels by mid-2015;
- Conduct community meetings in villages, schools and churches to sensitize parents and other stakeholders on the importance of education, the need to produce on and utilize household land, sustainable environment management, community tourism and Local economic development and ensure sustainable household food production and incomes.
- The district and sub county leadership develop a road map that will clearly show the targets, milestones and actions for the Kasese we want by 2025.
- This conference be conducted annually; the district by working with other development partners dedicate resources for this and annual reviews conducted to assess the commitments in this conference.
- All leaders work together to ensure that each household has leased and utilized land well, has sufficient food for home consumption and marketing for income generation.
- The office of the district chairperson and the organizing team assumes the responsibility to monitor and follow-up on all the commitments made in this conference.
- All elected leaders take the political responsibility for the quality of education, investments ventures, sustainable exploitation of natural resources, production at household level and tapping from community tourism since they were voted into office to ensure better service deliver;
Mr. Baritazale Kule, Ass. Commissioner, MoEF, delivering his presentation at the KAsese Conference 2014 Lt.Col (Rtd) Dula Mawa Muhindo, Kasese District Chairperson, opening the Conference